Spinach Pancake Quesadillas
Anna Free of Plymouth, Ohio gives a savory twist to pancakes with this fancy treatment. Leftover pancakes, folded over spinach filling, become a special lunch or side dish for dinner when garnished with sour cream and tomatoes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large pancakes
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream and chopped tomato, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain well and chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and nutmeg until blended. Stir in the spinach. Spread over pancakes; sprinkle with cheeses. Place each on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Fold in half; top with sour cream and tomato if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Pancake Quesadillas in Quick Cooking May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.