Spinach Onion Dip
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; process just until combined. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 29 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Dec 25, 2019
This is an excellent dip that comes together in minutes. I am reviewing this right after making it - I suspect it will taste even better after it has chilled for a few hours. I can see using this as a base for some experimenting, but as is, it is a total win. Disclaimer, I used full-fat cottage cheese and sour cream, but I am sure it is just as good with the lower fat options. Thanks for sharing it!