This recipe uses the combination of veggies from one of my favorite recipes and the rolling technique of another. The result is this stunning presentation which tastes as good as it looks. —Laine Beal, Topeka, Kansas
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, eggs, salt and pepper sauce. Stir in the spinach, onion, Italian seasoning and 1/4 cup bacon.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in oil for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain on paper towels; blot to remove excess moisture. Keep warm.
- Turn omelet onto a work surface; peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle omelet with mushrooms and 3/4 cup cheese; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Omelet Brunch Roll in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p43
Reviews forSpinach Omelet Brunch Roll
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2009
"This was AWESOME...I wasn't sure when I started and now it's the new favorite -- love this book! Thank you."