Spinach Noodle Casserole Recipe
We enjoyed a similar casserole at a friend's house many years ago. She didn't have a recipe but told me the basic ingredients. I eventually came up with my own version and have shared the recipe many times since. It goes great with ham but also is filling by itself. —Doris Tschorn, Levittown, New York
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Arrange half of the noodles in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; cover with half of the spinach and half of the Swiss cheese. Spread with half of the white sauce. Repeat layers. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Noodle Casserole
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC