Spinach, Mushroom & Three-Cheese Pizza
The magic of mushrooms caps off this yummy pie. A knife-and-fork pizza, it’s fully loaded with spinach, onion, garlic and a trio of cheeses.—Lillian Julow, Gainesville, FL
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, julienned
- 1 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Roll dough into a 12x9-in. rectangle; transfer to a greased baking sheet and build up edges slightly. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil.
- In a large skillet, saute prosciutto in remaining oil until crispy. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until tender. Stir in rosemary and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place spinach over dough; top with mushroom mixture and goat cheese. Sprinkle with fontina. Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 492 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Cremini Mushroom, Spinach and Triple Cheese Pizza Bites in Country Woman October/November 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.