- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until blended. In a small nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture; cook and stir just until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSpinach-Mushroom Scrambled Eggs
"Very tasty. My husband prefers no cheese and I like cheddar. This recipe worked for both of us."
"Excellent recipe! Very easy and comes together in just minutes. Perfect for a quick breakfast for two. Like an earlier reviewer, I also added caramelized onion to the dish. I also stirred in the cheese just a little bit sooner than the recipe calls for because I am very particular about the consistency of scrambled eggs. This came out perfect and delicious. You'll definitely add it to your list of tasty and quick breakfasts!"
"I made this for breakfast just now and had to make another batch! My 2.5 year old even loved it! I didn't have provolone so I used feta. Super delicious! Nom nom nom!"
"I always add a little bit of onion just to give it a little bit more zip. I like changing up the cheese. I just use whatever I have."
"I used mozzarella because that is what I had on hand. My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe!"
"I put the cheese on top - to me it has more impact that way.... very good recipe."
"It's good with using steamers in a bag creamed spinach instead of cheese too."