Spinach Mushroom Salad
It takes only minutes to put together this salad's tangy dressing. Lynn Larkin's vinaigrette of basil, oregano and sage complements the crisp spinach and fresh mushrooms she serves at her Sterling Heights, Michigan home.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 7 cups torn fresh spinach
- In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients; mix well. Add mushrooms and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, toss the spinach and mushroom mixture in a salad bowl.
Originally published as Spinach Mushroom Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.