Spinach Meat Roll
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs; add bread crumbs, ketchup, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano. Add beef and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Cover with spinach to within 1/2-in. of edges. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Top with ham and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends; place with seam side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 414 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 1029mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2011
Excellent!!!!! I also add saute mushrooms
Jul 30, 2011
This is my favorite recipe to make for company. Everyone is always impressed and asks for the recipe. I love to serve it with pasta and a choice of marinara, alfredo, and pesto sauces.