- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs; add bread crumbs, ketchup, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano. Add beef and mix well. On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Cover with spinach to within 1/2-in. of edges. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Top with ham and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends; place with seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Meat Roll
"Excellent!!!!! I also add saute mushrooms"
"This is my favorite recipe to make for company. Everyone is always impressed and asks for the recipe. I love to serve it with pasta and a choice of marinara, alfredo, and pesto sauces."