- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2-1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook and drain noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, mix eggs, spinach, cheeses and seasonings.
- Pour 1 cup pasta sauce into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture over each noodle; roll up and place over sauce, seam side down. Top with remaining sauce. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 5-10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
"Great recipe! However I did a few things to change it.First off, I made a little less of the cheese mixture, lower all the amounts including the egg except I higher-ed the amount of mozzarella in the mixture. I also cooked the spinach beforehand with garlic. I am a huge fan of garlic so I also added garlic to the mixture and omitted the nutmeg.Then when layering I actually put both the cheese mixture and sauce on each before rolling.I followed the directions regarding the sauce on the bottom then the rolled lasagna and then sauce again. However I added mozzarella cheese on top of the rolls. Came out wonderful."
"Unbelievable this spinach lasagna was great. Friends birthday was yesterday had a dinner at work for her i made the spinach rolls and everyone loved the dish. I will be making this dish again soon."
"5-Stars, for sure!!! Making these for a family dinner of 20, so I doubled the recipe. Waaaay too much filling! But after everyone ate, it wasn't hard to send some home with my daughter! These are easy and tasty; have made the roll-up style before but couldn't find the recipe. I followed the recipe exactly (not sure the nutmeg belongs) and can't think how I would change it ... the next time!"
"This is a great receipe full of flavor. I did make a few changes (as I always do) I don't know why, maybe I'm a rebel but I just can't follow orders or directions for that matter without adding my own twist haha. With that said... What I did is omitted the nutmeg and added garlic and onion powder, basil leaves and a little bit of fennel seed oh and I didn't use a jar of spaghetti sauce, I used a little bit of leftover spaghetti sauce (I always make from scratch and freeze) and added a can of tomato sauce to that with some crushed fresh garlic and more basil and of course salt and pepper. Everything else I followed the receipe well the ingredients part and it turned out delicious! Definitely will be on our menu again!"
"Great recipe. Did it just as the recipe says and it came out great. Delicious. No one has said that they didn't like it and the sauce around their mouth says it all. LOL"
"These were great! I was cooking for another couple that joined us for dinner and this recipe really impressed them! I changed a few things because of ingredients I had on hand and for our tastes. I omitted the nutmeg and added garlic powder instead.I have made this recipe with gluten free noodles which turned out great. We ended up using more sauce than the recipe called for.These made tasty left overs too! I will be making these again and trying different variations on this recipe. Overall very good!"
"Excellent recipe. Thank you."
"Everyone loves this recipe."
"Love this recipe even though instead I used sugar instead of nutmeg"