Spinach Floret Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn spinach
- 2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first nine ingredients; add bacon if desired. In a blender, add the dressing ingredients; cover and process until combined. Serve with salad. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 305 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 21, 2012
Apr 3, 2010
Absolutely LOVE this recipe. Make it all the time for gatherings and get asked for the recipe all the time too! People who won't touch spinach have tried it and can't believe how good it is. The dressing is actually light and not heavy tasting at all. This one's a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.