Spinach Flank Steak Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1. Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cheese and sour cream; spread over steak to within 1/2 in. of edges. With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style. Slice beef across the grain into eight slices.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 320 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Flank Steak Pinwheels
"After reading the reviews i ended up added some garlic and herbs to the spinach mix and wrapping in bacon. Amazing!"
"this is nice"
"This is nice recipe"
"This is great!"
"We have made it 3 X now. It's excellent. We recommend going a little heavier on the sour cream than in the recipe. But, it's good."
"I made this and it was Yummy! I did change it a little I used cheddar cheese instead! My husband loved it!"
"I used cheddar cheese instead of parm. fantastic!"
"you should let the meat redst for 5-10 minutes b4 slicing it that way it will not fall apart--i left out the sour cream and added sauteed onions, garlic, parsley and some herbs, wrapped it it bacon--FANTASTIC!!!"
"This was really good and super easy to make. Great date night meal. I could not find flank steaks anywhere so I used sirloin tip steaks whi h aarealready thin and dont have tons of fat."
"This is one of those 'you're kidding's.'But it's KILLER!"
"I had trouble getting mine to look as nice as the picture (probably a greater reflection on me than the recipe), but it tastes great!"
"Awesome! I added 1 teaspoon of minced garlic to the creamy spinach mixture."
"Very good!!! This recipe is fast, easy and delicious....even my 6 year old loved it. I received rave reviews from the entire family...as promised! :)"