Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine spinach and 1/2 cup feta cheese; spoon down the center of each chicken breast half. Fold chicken over filling and secure with toothpicks. Combine the flour, oregano, salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Discard toothpicks. Place chicken in a greased shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Top with tomatoes and remaining feta cheese.
- Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and cheese is melted. Serve over pasta if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 267 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
May 27, 2013
Loved the flavors. The chicken was very moist. I used fresh spinach baby leaves that I steamed for a few minutes until they had wilted. I also baked the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees until the chicken was cooked. I served it over brown rice I will definitely make this again.
Mar 17, 2010
Already made this a few times. Comes out great every time. Very tasty. I actually omit the flour b/c I wanted a more grilled chicken exterior. Still comes out fantastic.