Spinach Feta Frittata
When Laura Fall-Sutton of North Chicago, Illinois wants something special and substantial for brunch or breakfast, she relies on this full-flavored favorite for family and friends. LAURA’S TIP: “Canned, chopped tomatoes can be added for color or a cup of them substituted for the spinach. Or add a green salad to this meat- and wheat-free entree and serve up breakfast for dinner!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, water, pepper and salt; set aside. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add potatoes; cook and stir until almost tender, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat; sprinkle with spinach, feta cheese and basil.
- Top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Uncover; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.