- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. In another bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, onions, olives and garlic. Drain and chop tomatoes; add to spinach mixture.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread spinach mixture over chicken. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach-Feta Chicken Rolls
"I used fresh spinach rather than frozen and cut the recipe in half. Very tasty but the outside of the chicken was rather dry after 40 minutes in the oven. The flavor of the filling was very good."