I wanted a light sauce for pasta, so I cooked tomatoes with garlic, wine and olive oil. It’s a blockbuster combo for seafood, too. —Geralyn Sipos, Blandon, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 30 Chicken Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat penne pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-in.-thick strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, toss chicken with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken, half at a time, over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add broth and wine. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and remaining salt; cook until tomatoes are softened. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add chicken and tomato mixture to pasta; heat through, tossing to combine. Serve with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Feta Chicken Penne in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016