Spinach Egg Croissants
This special breakfast entree is a real treat on weekends when I have time to enjoy a relaxing meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 croissants, split
- 2 cups prepared hollandaise sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, spinach and onion in oil until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Stir in cheese.
- Toast croissant halves under broiler until golden brown. Top with egg mixture and hollandaise sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 596 calories, 43g fat (22g saturated fat), 364mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Egg Croissants in Country Extra May 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.