- 4 bunches green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound fresh spinach, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter for 2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and parsley; saute 3 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and salt until smooth. Stir in the spinach mixture and cheddar cheese. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Egg Bake
"Question: recipe says 4 BUNCHES of green onion. Is this correct? So like 20 green onions (usually 5 in a bunch)?? That seems like an awful lot!! I haven't made this yet so can't give an accurate rating for now...."
"This is one of my "go-to" recipes for our weekly Sunday brunch! I like to bake this in a 13x9-inch pan for thicker slices."
"This gets rave reviews whenever I serve it."
"Instead of whole eggs, I used the egg whites and I also used skim milk. This recipe turned out great! I will definitely make it again!:D"
"I made half of the recipe in a smaller pan and used vidalia onion and dried parsley instead of what was called for. I turned it into a panini...put a piece of this, added a couple slices of crisp bacon, and heated it on sourdough bread on an indoor grill."