Spinach Dip with Cajun Pita Chips
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 2-1/3 cups dip (6-1/2 dozen pita chips)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved and split
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, spinach, red pepper, onions, garlic, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for chips, cut each pita half into four wedges. Combine the butter, Cajun seasoning and cumin; brush over rough side of pita wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until chips are golden brown and crisp. Serve with dip.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 149 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 19, 2012
We've been making these chips for quite some time and love them. I finally got around to trying the spinach dip part of this recipe. It's ok, seemed to be missing something. I have other spinach dip recipes that I prefer.