Spinach Dip-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside; discard stems or save for another use. In a small skillet, saute spinach in oil until wilted. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, salt, cayenne, pepper and spinach mixture. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- 3. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 stuffed mushroom: 44 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Dip-Stuffed Mushrooms
"Made them for New Year eve. The filling was delicios I added cooked mushroom stems to the mix as well. However, the mushrooms released a lot of water even after baking. I am not sure what went wrong ...hope can get an answer hereThank you!"
"Wonderful mushrooms! I prefer these over many of my other stuffed mushroom recipe."
"Really delicious, fast, simple. Made them for Xmas eve with family, they disappeared quickly. Only change was I omitted the cayenne."
"Amazing, Amazing, Amazing! Finally, a stuffed mushroom recipe without bread crumbs! Love it! Thank you so much."
"These were fantastic! I added a bit more garlic bu everybody loved them--no leftovers."
"These were delicious, but I think next time I will put some breadcrumbs or something on top for little crunch."