Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 round loaf of bread (1 pound)
- Raw vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Chill for at least 1 hour. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off the top of the loaf; set aside. Hollow out the bottom part, leaving a thick shell. Cut or tear the slice from the top of the loaf and the bread from inside into bite-size pieces.
- 2. Fill the shell with dip; set on a large platter. Arrange the bread pieces and vegetables around it and serve immediately. Yield: 10-15 servings.
1 each: 161 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
"I also added water chestnuts. Makes aan impressive presentation."
"I added water chestnuts. Very good."
"A few diced water chestnuts are a wonderful addition."
"Good recipe but adding artichoke hearts cut up into very small bites really adds to the flavor and we love the artichoke hearts."
"this is a wonderful recipe my boyfriend loves it"
"Very good. The ranch is a little strong though, I won't put the whole packet in next time I make this. Otherwise, this dip was a hit!"
"Fantastic flavor! I couldn't get enough of it!"