Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a food processor, finely chop the almonds. Add the spinach, cheese, onion, oil, salt and pepper; cover and process until well blended.
- Unroll and separate the crescent dough into eight pieces. Spread spinach mixture evenly over dough to within 1/8 in. of edges. Roll up and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 189 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 8, 2010
Oh yum! I was not sure about almonds in this but this was excellent. The only thing I changed was to bake it as a loaf, followed the recipe otherwise. Everyone was "over the moon" about it. I plan to make again soon.