- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 3 whole breasts)
- 2 cups green grape halves
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 cups packed torn spinach
- 2-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 7 ounces corkscrew pasta or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- Large spinach leaves, optional
- Oranges slices, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, peas, spinach, celery, pasta, artichoke hearts, cucumber and green onions. Cover and refrigerate. combine all dressing ingredients in a jar or small bowl; mix well and refrigerate. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss. If desired, serve on a spinach leaf and garnish with oranges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Chicken Salad
"Question for those who have made this. How important are the artichoke hearts to this as I can not stand the taste of them? It looks delicious other than that."
"A friend just made this and gave me a container full. I am addicted to it. So happy to have the recipe."
"This recipe is so yummy. I make this for my elderly parents, with a subsitution in the dressing. (For my diabetic dad), I omit the sugar and use 1/8 cup Agave nectar, which is low-glycemic. You can adjust this amount to your personal taste. Also I use whole grain pasta as it is diabetic and diet friendly. God bless you!"
"Why is there no nutritional information for this recipe?"
"This recipe has been a favorite of mine since my daughter saw it in TOH introductory issue many years ago. It has just the right combination of flavors and textures. The dressing is fresh and ties the ingredients together while bringing out the best in each. It is good as an eat-at-home meal, but stars at a luncheon or dinner."
"This is my favorite salad recipe! I've had this for years and make it all the time. It is SO good, and I love the variety of ingredients. Definitely a keeper."
"I absolutely love this recipe. I have requests from people at my work to make this for our food days."