- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or just until wilted. Stir in dill. Remove from the heat.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place spinach mixture and feta cheese down the center; fold one side over filling and roll up tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down in the skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Discard toothpick. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forSpinach Chicken Roll
"Family loved this. I sprinkled feta on top of the rolled chicken and then added salt and pepper. Instead of cooking this on the stove, I cooked in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes and then put under the broiler for a couple of minutes just to brown the feta. Very tasty and a great way to get them to eat spinach."
"Great combination! The feta cheese worked excellent with the spinach. Now if only I could perfect my 'roll ups' to not spill out. Thanks!"