Spinach Chicken Pockets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove; thinly sliced chicken and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, cumin and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, onions and chicken.
- Drizzle with yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Microwave pita breads for 15-20 seconds or until warmed. Fill each half with 1/2 cup chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 chicken pockets: 317 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 15, 2017
These pockets sandwiches are so easy to make and easy to cart to work--different than typical sandwiches, which get to be boring after awhile. These are satisfying and tasty Mediterranean fare, as well as nutritious! I did substitute some Miracle Whip for the mayo to add a bit more "presence" to the dressing, but this is strictly personal taste and not necessary. Thanks Mitzi!