- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove; thinly sliced chicken and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, cumin and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, onions and chicken.
- Drizzle with yogurt mixture; toss to coat. Microwave pita breads for 15-20 seconds or until warmed. Fill each half with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Chicken Pockets
"These pockets sandwiches are so easy to make and easy to cart to work--different than typical sandwiches, which get to be boring after awhile. These are satisfying and tasty Mediterranean fare, as well as nutritious! I did substitute some Miracle Whip for the mayo to add a bit more "presence" to the dressing, but this is strictly personal taste and not necessary. Thanks Mitzi!"