- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Minced fresh parsley
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; cook and stir chicken and onion over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream and seasonings. Stir 3/4 cup soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13x9-in. baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the remaining soup mixture over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Chicken Enchiladas
"Very tasty and a nice change from the norm. I did leave out the nutmeg."
"I think this is a terrific idea but when we made it the teaspoon of nutmeg was overpowering and we had to throw the whole thing out! Did we do something wrong???"
"My family loves these. I make it sometimes once a month. The only thing I do different is up the garlic to 2 tsp and double the sauce. My husband says they taste even better as leftovers!!!"