- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced leek (white portion only)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- For crepe batter, in a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Add flour and salt until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, evaporated milk, salt and pepper until smooth; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and sherry; stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the spinach, chicken and 1 cup sauce; spread 1/4 cupful down the center of each crepe. Roll up and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over crepes. Cover and bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Chicken Crepes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p152
Reviews for Spinach Chicken Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review