- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and peppers in butter until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in spinach and cereal. Spoon into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bacon, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Cheese Strata
"I thought this was awful! the wheat chex with milk was like eating mush not to mention very little flavor."