Spinach Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes14-16 servings (4 quarts)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups shredded brick or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add spinach and chicken; heat through but do not boil. Stir in milk; heat through. Add cheeses and stir just until melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 317 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Aug 11, 2019
I've made several x's- used spaghetti squash instead of noodles once. always tasty and filling.
Jan 19, 2010
Great tasting soup. It's a meal all by itself because it's quite filling. I will sprinkle the cheese, already mixed, on top of individual servings next time. The cheese clumps so quickly.