Spinach Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes14-16 servings (4 quarts)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups shredded brick or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat. Add spinach and chicken; heat through but do not boil. Stir in milk; heat through. Add cheeses and stir just until melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 317 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 19, 2010
Great tasting soup. It's a meal all by itself because it's quite filling. I will sprinkle the cheese, already mixed, on top of individual servings next time. The cheese clumps so quickly.