Friends and family request that I make these golden brown puffs every year on Christmas Eve. The tasty little treats are so good, you can't help but pop them in your mouth.
Recommended: 45 Superfoods for Your Brain
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in spinach and cheese. Line baking sheets with foil and grease the foil. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Puffs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p22
Reviews forSpinach Cheese Puffs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2014
"Not bad, but if I made them again I would definatly add a shredded or finely chopped onion into the batter"