Spinach Cheese Puffs
Friends and family request that I make these golden brown puffs every year on Christmas Eve. The tasty little treats are so good, you can't help but pop them in your mouth.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, butter and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in spinach and cheese. Line baking sheets with foil and grease the foil. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 169 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Spinach Cheese Puffs in Country Woman Christmas 2000