- 1/2 pound fresh torn spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 56 large fresh mushrooms (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray*
- In a saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain; squeeze dry and finely chop. In a mixing bowl, beat ricotta and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese, water chestnuts, 3 tablespoons pecans and chopped spinach.
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use). Spray inside of mushroom caps with butter-flavored spray. Place caps on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Stuff with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 28 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Cheese Mushrooms
"I made these exactly as the recipe stated and found them to be very bland and slightly bitter. I would not make them again."