Spinach-Cheese Mushroom Caps
Dainty finger foods like these mushrooms are a nice way to welcome guests into your home. A hearty spinach filling will tide folks over until the meal is served. —Sandy Herman, Marietta, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop the stems. In a skillet, saute the chopped mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the spinach, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, feta cheese, bacon, salt and mushroom mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 202 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Spinach-Cheese Mushroom Caps in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001