Spinach Cheese Appetizers Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Pour butter into a 13x9-in. baking dish; tilt to coat. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in spinach and cheese. Pour into prepared dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; cut into small squares. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. To use frozen appetizers: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
To use frozen appetizers: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
1 slice: 43 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Cheese Appetizers
"This calls for 4 C. or 16 oz Monteray Jack cheese. There are 8 oz in 1 C. = Looks like that would be 32 oz cheese or is it 2 C of cheese?"