Spinach Cheese Appetizers
Hosting a get-together is simple when you have these easy hors d'oeuvres stashed in the freezer. Loaded with spinach flavor, the rich squares come from the Sequim, Washington home of Marian Platt.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pour butter into a 13x9-in. baking dish; tilt to coat. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in spinach and cheese. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; cut into small squares. Serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen appetizers: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
To use frozen appetizers: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place on baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 43 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.