Spinach Cheddar Squares
"I really enjoy preparing spinach dishes like this one," shares Elaine Anderson of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. "Perfect for four, the recipe can be doubled to serve larger groups."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 cup cheese, spinach and red pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 219 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Cheddar Squares in Light & Tasty October/November 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.