Spinach-Cheddar Crescent Bites
My idea for mini stuffed rolls came to mind on the day of a holiday gathering. The little golden bites were so popular at the party, they've been on my seasonal menu ever since! —Josee Lanzi, New Port Richey, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup spreadable spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients.
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle. Cut into 16 rectangles. Place 2 teaspoons spinach mixture in center of each rectangle. Bring edges of dough over filling, pinching seams to seal; shape into a ball.
- Place on greased baking sheets, seam side down. Brush with egg; sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Originally published as Simply Sensational Autumn Bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.