Spinach Brunch Pie
You won't believe how easy it is to assemble this egg dish. With tomatoes, eggs and spinach, every bite is colorful and flavorful. —Gertie Kwant, Stanwood, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, vinegar and nutmeg. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, biscuit mix and butter; cover and process until smooth. Pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until almost set. Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 294 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Brunch Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Apr 27, 2009
This recipe looks like it would be delicious. Unfortunately, the final result is bland with an unappealing custard texture. Easter brunch was a disappointment with this one!