- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, vinegar and nutmeg. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate. In a blender, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, biscuit mix and butter; cover and process until smooth. Pour over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until almost set. Arrange tomato slices over the top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until set (pie has soft-set). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Brunch Pie
"This recipe looks like it would be delicious. Unfortunately, the final result is bland with an unappealing custard texture. Easter brunch was a disappointment with this one!"