Spinach Berry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- CURRY SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, blueberries, onion and pecans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 141 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
May 26, 2014
A very sweet and refreshing salad. I added chopped chicken for added protein to make this a main dish and used a raspberry vinaigrette for extra berry flavor!
Aug 23, 2010
The salad was very good! I thought the dressing was good, maybe a little too much curry powder. My family didn't like the strong taste of the dressing. Good overall!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.