Spinach Berry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- CURRY SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the spinach, strawberries, blueberries, onion and pecans. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 141 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
May 26, 2014
A very sweet and refreshing salad. I added chopped chicken for added protein to make this a main dish and used a raspberry vinaigrette for extra berry flavor!
Aug 23, 2010
The salad was very good! I thought the dressing was good, maybe a little too much curry powder. My family didn't like the strong taste of the dressing. Good overall!