Spinach Beet Salad Recipe
A healthy and colorful combination of beets, spinach, orange and apples. Tossing with a vinaigrette keeps this salad figure-friendly. —Darleen Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 6 small fresh beets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium orange, sectioned
- 3 tablespoons raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from the water; cool. Peel beets and cut into 1-in. wedges.
- 2. Divide spinach among four plates. Top with apples, orange and beets. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 175 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spinach Beet Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC