- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 7 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- In a bowl, combine flour and oats; cut in the butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to plate; trim and flute edges.
- In a skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup and seasonings. Fold in the spinach; cool slightly. stir in the eggs and 1 cup cheese until combined; spoon into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. Sprinkle with tomato and remaining cheese around edge of pie. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Beef Pie
"This is great, but I don't like green bell peppers, I saute fresh mushroom and add a 4oz can of dices green chili"
"This dish is EXCELLENT! I'm not a fan usually of making homemade pie crust, but this went so smoothly I will definitely prepare it again."