Spinach Beef Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add mushroom, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Add spinach, soup, sour cream and rice; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 342 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Jun 17, 2014
I didn't think that this was anything special. I did change it up a bit. I used cream of mushroom soup rather than the cream of celery and 3/4 cup of sour cream plus 1/4 cup cream cheese rather than just straight sour cream. I didn't care for the oregano in the recipe. It just didn't taste like it belonged. I won't be making this again.
Mar 31, 2014
This is yummy and easy. Next time I'll add a can of diced tomatoes.
Sep 30, 2012
Dee-lish. My husband just said... "I could eat that whole pot". I substituted also, I had some left over cooked white rice. I think next time I make this I may try swiss cheese... Yum.
May 17, 2011
I substituted cream cheese for the sour cream (as I had no sour cream). And it was wonderful!!
Feb 27, 2010
I made this last night. My husband said it could be a picture in a magazine. He loved it. He said to put it on the requested recipes list.
Jan 23, 2010
This is just like a recipe I have called "Spinach Fandango" a family favorite. I have substituted sausage and it turns out great. Thank you for including this recipe.