Spinach Beef Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add mushroom, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Add spinach, soup, sour cream and rice; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 342 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 17, 2014
I didn't think that this was anything special. I did change it up a bit. I used cream of mushroom soup rather than the cream of celery and 3/4 cup of sour cream plus 1/4 cup cream cheese rather than just straight sour cream. I didn't care for the oregano in the recipe. It just didn't taste like it belonged. I won't be making this again.
Mar 31, 2014
This is yummy and easy. Next time I'll add a can of diced tomatoes.
Sep 30, 2012
Dee-lish. My husband just said... "I could eat that whole pot". I substituted also, I had some left over cooked white rice. I think next time I make this I may try swiss cheese... Yum.
May 17, 2011
I substituted cream cheese for the sour cream (as I had no sour cream). And it was wonderful!!
Feb 27, 2010
I made this last night. My husband said it could be a picture in a magazine. He loved it. He said to put it on the requested recipes list.
Jan 23, 2010
This is just like a recipe I have called "Spinach Fandango" a family favorite. I have substituted sausage and it turns out great. Thank you for including this recipe.