Spinach Bean Salad with Maple Dressing Recipe
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. For dressing, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Place beans in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, onions, red pepper, bacon and beans. Microwave the dressing, uncovered, for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Whisk until smooth; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 11 servings.
1 cup: 90 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Spinach Bean Salad with Maple Dressing
"I used turkey bacon, and this was fantastic! My kids even gobbled it up."
"So yummy! The dressing is just the right mix of sweet and tangy."
"Really good while it's warm. Not as good cold the next day."
"I am diabetic so I used sugar-free maple flavored syrup for this recipe and it tasted wonderful. A nice sweet-tangy flavor."
"Yummy Recipe! Definitely will make this again. The sweetness of the dressing made this taste like I wasn't eating healthy. The dish looked as nice as it tasted. Great for family or other gatherings. I used 100% REAL maple syrup, not the high fructose corn syrup stuff."
"This was a really good recipe! I am a vegetarian so I used morning start imitation bacon and It turned out really well!"