Spinach Bake with Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the spinach, egg, crumbs, cheddar cheese and salt. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Jun 5, 2018
Wasn't anything like I expected. Was very good and will make again.
Mar 27, 2013
Mar 19, 2013
I did adjust some things to make it for the whole family along with making it more Italian themed. Tripled the recipe and added the following: chopped red bell pepper to the sausage mixture and 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, couple shakes of pepper to the spinach mixture. Swapped the Mexican cheese for Italian too and sprinkled the parmesan librally over the top of the casserole. Yum Yum. Would be great served with some breadsticks and marinara sauce.
Jan 23, 2011
Oct 21, 2010
Minus the celery