This deep-dish pizza is one that will dazzle weekend guests! The bacon, eggs, cheese and spinach are sure to fill you up to start the day right.—Sharon Skildum, Maple Grove, Minnesota
Recommended: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked, crumbled and divided
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 8-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in spinach, cheddar, green onions and half the bacon. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Bacon Brunch Pizza in Weekend Cooking 2011, p21