Spinach Artichoke Spread
"This baked spinach and artichoke blend makes a great appetizer for any occasion," remarks Nancy Farmer of Jordan, Arkansas. Serve it warm from the oven with reduced-fat crackers.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Reduced-fat crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in spinach and artichokes. Add the lemon juice, seasoning blend and pepper.
- Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until mixture bubbles around the edges. Serve warm with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 49 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spinach Artichoke Spread in Quick Cooking November/December 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.