- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler. Prepare rigatoni and spinach according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water; return to pan. Add artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and creamed spinach; toss to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta water to thin, if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. broiler-safe baking dish; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpinach-Artichoke Rigatoni
"Edible but won't make again. I thought it was far too dry and bland. I enjoyed picking out of the dish the yummy Trader Joe's frozen Artichoke hearts and the frozen creamed spinach from Wegman's which was yummy too. I love pasta but in this dish it doesn't belong. I used pasta water, as instructed, to add moisture but really an Alfredo sauce is needed to give this dish a good consistency."
"This is great idea and an easy recipe. We thought it could use more flavor when made as-is. I recommend using marinated artichoke hearts. Also, I wanted to make this when my store was out of frozen creamed spinach, and I made and used TOH Classic Creamed Spinach. Wow! Takes a little longer, but well worth it for the flavor."
"I made this exactly as written (with the one exception of not using the 2 full cups of the mozzarella cheese, I only did a sprinkling of cheese on the top). I used 'Bird's Eye' creamed spinach since it was the only brand I could find. This pasta dish was delicious!! My husband also loved it and mentioned that it tastes just like his favorite Spinach & Artichoke dip. Someone I know mentioned adding pre-cooked chicken strips to it, which I'll try next time! Super fast to make too! Took 20 minutes prep. to table."
"We loved this. Next time I would double the artichokes."
"This was okay but seemed to lack flavor. I think next time I will make it with marinated artichoke hearts--maybe that will spice things up? Was definitely easy to prepare."
"I am only giving this 4 stars because I did make some changes to this recipe but will try as written next time. But here were my changes to the recipe which we were found to be quite a good dish as a main or a side: omit one cup of mozzarella and replaced with an italian cheese blend; added 1 tsp garlic powder; and added 2 tbsp of cream cheese. I used green giants creamed spinach. Hope this is helpful. It really was quite good. Didn't need to add salt or pepper to this dish."
"My daughter is a vegetarian and loves this! We are going to be adding it to our regular list of quick dinners. I'll add some minced, browned garlic next time for some extra flavoring."
"I added 1/2 stick of low fat cream cheese. I also felt there wasn't much flavor."