Spinach Artichoke Pizza
I was experimenting with spinach artichoke pizzas when I came up with this tempting one. It has wonderful ingredients and is often requested by friends and colleagues.—Martha Muellenberg, Vermillion, South Dakota
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; stir in sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Add oil, salt and 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Punch down dough. Roll out to fit prepared pan.
- Spread with Alfredo sauce. Layer with the spinach and cheeses. Sprinkle with artichokes and dried oregano. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 351 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Super Spinach Artichoke Pizza in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.